Rabbits Eat Lettuce is a place of Freedom, Love & Dance Music. Camp in a beautiful natural environment and form a community of like-minded souls who want to escape the hustle and bustle of the city life. Rabbits Eat Lettuce lets us be human again. We can dissolve the social barriers and dance together.
Rabbits Eat Lettuce began in 2008 as a Tribal Easter party and has become an underground tradition stretching up & down the East Coast of Australia. Long lost brothers and sisters travel from far and wide to reconnect, to dance, share stories, socialize and camp out under the stars.
The event has grown a lot since it’s humble beginnings as a forest dance party but still holds the same essence of freedom and unique mystery it started with. Rabbits Eat Lettuce is a unique transformational sensory experience, far beyond any ordinary festival. It is a magical world of adventure & self discovery, where every nook and cranny is primed for connection, for wonder, and for fun to happen. It’s a wild party with friends old and new, where you leave feeling invigorated, inspired and better than when you arrived.
Ensure you are sober and well rested when traveling to/from Rabbits Eat Lettuce. QLD Police will be monitoring local roadways around the the festival to ensure road user safety. Expect you will be stopped for an RBT/RDT and possible vehicle search.
- Venue Address
Keogh Road, Elbow Valley QLD 4370
Located on the QLD border a short drive from the historical town of Warwick QLD, home to wineries, waterfalls and wilderness areas, there is plenty to explore before or after Rabbits Eat Lettuce.
- Entry Gate / Box Office Open Times
9am - 10pm Thursday & Friday
10am - 8pm Saturday & Sunday
If you arrive outside these times you will not be able to gain entry to the event and will have to wait until the following day to enter. So plan your travel schedule accordingly.
- By private vehicle / car / van
Approximate travel times from: Brisbane - 2.5 hours, Sunshine Coast 3 hours, Gold Coast - 2.5 hours, Byron Bay - 3 hours, Sydney - 9 hours, Coffs Harbour - 4.5 hours
- By Plane
The best airport to fly into is Brisbane Airport (BNE). We have REL shuttle bus options departing BNE at 12pm on Thursday & Friday of the festival and returning to BNE on Monday, arriving back at BNE at approximately 12pm
- By REL Shuttle Bus
We have shuttle bus options departing from Brisbane CBD (Roma Street Station) and Brisbane Airport (BNE) on Thursday & Friday, and returning on Easter Monday. There is a Return Bus from Sydney departing Wednesday night, returning Monday.
KEY EVENT DETAILS
- EASTER LONG WEEKEND
- 28 March - 1 April 2024
- 4 Nights of Camping, Music, Art & Workshops
- CHERRABAH RESORT, ELBOW VALLEY QLD
SOUTH EAST QLD
- NO FIRES
- NO GLASS
- NO ANTI-SOCIAL BEHAVIOUR
- NO ILLEGAL SUBSTANCES
- LEAVE NO TRACE
- Look after your Mates!
- MUST BRING PHOTO ID & Festival Ticket (or cash) to enter
- REL IS AN 18+ EVENT (anyone under 18 MUST arrive with a legal parent or guardian)
The following items are prohibited. If found in the possession of any patron they will be confiscated immediately and the patron may be asked to leave the premises.
- NO GLASS !! (our security will search cars and confiscate beer bottles, etc including anything inside.)
- No Littering
- NO campfires or fires of any kind
- NO MEME STICKS / 'DOOF STICKS' with DRUG memes or offensive content. If you want to bring a Totem make it creative, three dimensional and inspiring.
Two Dimensional (2D) Meme Sticks are Strictly prohibited on ALL Dance Floors.
We don't drive for hours out into the bush to be surrounded by internet memes. We are all for creative expression, but try harder and be inspiring...
- NO Negative Vibes
- NO Motor Bikes or Quad Bikes
- NO Generators or Large Sound Systems
- NO Commercial signage or advertising
- NO Dogs or Animals of any kind
- NO Fireworks or flares
- NO Handheld lasers
- NO Illegal substances
- NO Nitrous oxide (also known as 'nangs')
- NO Excessive Amounts of Alcohol (1 carton or 1 x 700mm of spirits per person maximum)
- NO Weapons of any kind
- NO Couches / Lounge Chairs / Furniture
General Camping for the weekend is included in the cost of your ticket. You will be camping in the Australian wilderness for 3 - 4 nights under the stars, so ensure you pack enough supplies to be comfortable for your stay. Decorating your camp with battery powered or solar fairy lights, camp flags and drapes will make finding your camp at night much easier, plus it adds to the ambiance and vibe of your area, the prettier the better!
Here is a suggested packing list for your campsite.
- Tent & Comfortable Bedding
- Sleeping Bag / Warm blankets
(it can get cold at night due to the high altitude at the venue)
- Battery or Solar Powered Fairy Lights
- Camp Shelter
- Cooler / Esky / 10-20 Litre water dispenser
- Picnic Blankets, Ground mats, cushions, deck chair
- Baby / Wet Wipes
- Garbage Bags
- Small Boom Box
- Ear Plugs (a must if you are a light sleeper)
RABBITS EAT LETTUCE 2024 - TICKET TERMS & CONDITIONS
By purchasing this ticket to the Festival, you agree to be legally bound by the Full Terms & Conditions including but not limited to the following:
All participants under the age of 18 must arrive with a legal guardian over the age of 18. You must be 16 years or older to use this ticket. You must arrive with valid Australian Government Issued photo ID or Passport & one other form of identification (bank card, medicare card, school ID card etc).The General Admission Friday Entry ticket grants entry into the Festival Campgrounds from 9am Friday 7th April 2023 - 12 noon 10th April 2023. If you have purchased a Thursday Entry (Early Entry Ticket), this grants early entry from 10am on Thursday 6th April 2023.
RABBITS EAT LETTUCE Music Festival (“Festival”) is presented by REL Events Pty Ltd. (ABN 16 168 832 657) (“Promoter”). This ticket is sold subject to the Promoter’s terms and conditions of sale and entry.
Rabbits Eat Lettuce - Standard Ticket Terms & Conditions
1. No Refunds will be offered under any circumstance.
Unless the Festival is cancelled entirely, you shall not be entitled to a refund or exchange of your ticket under any circumstance, including due to artist line-up changes, venue changes, date changes, adverse weather conditions or a change in your personal circumstances.
ALL SALES ARE FINAL. NO REFUNDS WILL BE GRANTED FOR ANY REASON. FESTIVAL DATE AND VENUE SUBJECT TO CHANGE. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. IF THE FESTIVAL FOR WHICH THIS TICKET IS ISSUED IS RESCHEDULED OR CANCELLED, THE TICKET HOLDER SHALL NOT BE ENTITLED TO A REFUND EXCEPT AS OTHERWISE REQUIRED BY LAW. INSTEAD, THE HOLDER SHALL HAVE THE RIGHT, EXCEPT AS OTHERWISE PROVIDED, (1) IF THE FESTIVAL IS RESCHEDULED TO A DATE AND TIME WITHIN TWELVE MONTHS OF THE DATE AND TIME ORIGINALLY SCHEDULED, TO USE THIS TICKET TO ATTEND THE EVENT AT THE RESCHEDULED DATE AND TIME, OR (2) IF THE FESTIVAL IS NOT RESCHEDULED WITHIN TWELVE MONTHS OF THE DATE AND TIME ORIGINALLY SCHEDULED, TO EXCHANGE THIS TICKET TO ANOTHER EVENT THAT IS DESIGNATED BY MANAGEMENT AS THE OFFICIAL REPLACEMENT EVENT FOR THE CANCELLED FESTIVAL.
This ticket is not subject to any refund, bears no cash value, and is not redeemable for cash. Artists & set times are subject to change without notice. This ticket is not subject to exchange except as expressly provided above. If issued as a complimentary ticket, this ticket is not exchangeable or redeemable for another ticket to any other event or performance or for any other consideration, monetary or otherwise. Tickets obtained from unauthorised sources may be counterfeit and worthless.
Tickets cannot be replaced if lost, stolen or destroyed, and are valid only for the event for which they are issued. It is unlawful to reproduce this ticket in any form.
PURCHASER AGREES NOT FILE A CHARGEBACK OR ANY TYPE OF PAYMENT REVERSAL FOR ANY REASON.
2. Lost, stolen or damaged tickets will not be replaced. Treat this ticket like money.
3. Tickets only provide access to areas at the Festival indicated by signage.
4. You must remain within set Festival boundaries. Persons found outside the boundaries will be considered trespassers and subject to prosecution.
5. Official wristbands are to be worn at all times. If you do not wear a wristband, you will be escorted off site.
6. You must observe Festival arrival and departure times, as posted on Festival website.
7. The Promoter reserves the right to vary advertised Festival artist line-ups, ticket prices, dates, times, amenities or other Festival particulars as necessary.
8. You must follow the direction of Festival security and staff at all times.
9. Community standards of behaviour are expected at all times during Festival. The Promoter reserves the right to refuse entry to or remove any Patron from the Festival for inappropriate, dangerous or illegal behaviour.
10. Unauthorised photography or use of recording equipment is prohibited.
11. A TOTAL FIRE BAN is in operation for the entire duration of the Festival. No naked flames, campfires or candles allowed.
12. All vehicles & persons are subject to a search by event security upon entry. Any prohibited items will be confiscated and entry possibly refused (please see a full list of prohibited items on the website).
13. GLASS of any kind, PETS (except guide dogs), Illegal, dangerous or menacing items; motorised vehicles (other than cars); pyrotechnics, fire crackers, sparklers and flares and weapons are strictly prohibited at the Festival.
14. No illegal substances are permitted; soliciting illegal substances will result in removal from the event and possible criminal charges.15. You agree to act responsibly at the Festival and pack for all weather conditions.
16. You acknowledge and agree the land the Festival is staged on is an inherently dangerous place that may contain various obstacles, risks and dangers, both known and unknown, natural and man made which may result in loss or damage to your property; personal injury or even death. Knowing this to be the case, if you choose to attend the Festival, you agree that you do so at your own risk, waiving and foregoing all rights to make claims against the Promoter for any loss or injury you may suffer there.
17. This ticket is a revocable license and may be revoked at any time for any reason without compensation. Your use of this ticket confirms your agreement to these terms.
18. All vehicles entering the venue will need a car pass, which can be purchased at the entry gate for $50.