Submit a Community Grant Application
Community Grant Applications
Applications for the Community Grants scheme are now open.
Please scroll to the bottom of the page for the application form.
Rabbits Eat Lettuce is proud to have been held in the Richmond Valley Shire since 2011, and we are incredibly grateful to the residents who have welcomed the festival and its attendees’ year after year.
We want the event to have a positive, lasting impact in the Shire, and proudly introduce the Rabbits Eat Lettuce Community Grants program. By setting aside a portion of every ticket sale to the festival a total grant pool of $6,000 is now available to support initiatives, which enhance community economic development and improve the quality of everyday life in the region.
- Applicants must be organisations based in the Richmond Valley Shire
- Proposed initiatives must aim to contribute to community economic development and improve the quality of everyday life in the region.
- Proposed initiatives must be able to be delivered within 12 months and demonstrate sustained and ongoing benefits for residents in the Richmond Valley Shire
Application form available: 1 July 2017
Applications close: 31 October 2017
Assessment: November 2017
Grant outcomes notified by email: 15 November 2017
When determining the allocation of funds under the grants program each year, consideration will be given to the following factors:
- Quality of the application - practicality of proposed initiative, resourcing, constraints etc
- The number of residents in the Richmond Valley Shire who will benefit from the proposed initiative
- Whether benefits will be ongoing or are of a one time nature
- Track record of the applicant in delivering projects of similar scale and nature
- Current availability of funding for the proposed initiative
- Level of community support for the proposed initiative